A generous community of donors sustains Staples Tuition Grants. While we receive tremendous support from civic organizations and local businesses, individuals comprise more than 45% of the annual donations to STG.
Donating to STG:
Donate to Staples Tuition Grants — Make a tax-deductible general donation or make your donation in honor of a student, graduate, teacher, friend, coach, counselor or mentor. STG will notify them that you have donated in their honor.
Donations can also be made to an established STG Named Award.
How to Create a NEW Named Award:
STG Named Awards can be funded annually or by endowment, established in honor, name or memory of an individual, group, organization or business and are known by the name of the award (i.e. John M. Dodig Award). Download a printable STG Named Award information form here.
Named Annual Award
• Tax-deductible donations, funded annually, minimum $2,000
• Annual Awards must be funded for a minimum of three years, however these awards are encouraged to continue beyond the 3-year minimum
Named Endowed Award
• Tax-deductible funds or gifts totaling $25,000 or more, designed to last in perpetuity or for a designated period of time
• Based on the results of our investment portfolio, these awards are credited with an allocated return annually
• Yearly disbursements from these awards are comprised of 4% to 6% of the previous years’ investment (as determined by Finance Committee) plus any donations received for that award in the current fiscal year
STG is a tax exempt corporation in accordance with Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code ("Code"). Contributions to STG are deductible under section 170 of the Code.